Lead UX / UI Designer
We are looking for a talented designer who has the skill not only to create high quality graphics, but also the ability to apply their creations to a user-centered design. You will be able to understand how the personas will want to instinctively interact with the UI, and provide them with the ability to perform their tasks intuitively. Ideally, you understand psychology of a user. SMEs owners are really passionate about what they do but don’t always have the time and/or understanding to manage their finances. You will understand their needs and design experiences that will simplify their lives.
At Fractal you will be involved with all facets of product design: interaction design, visual design and prototyping across web and mobile customer journeys.
You will join our London office and work in a highly dynamic group, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Who you will need to interact with on a day-to-day basis
- Chief Product Officer
- Product Manager
- Behavioural Scientist
- Communications Manager
- Create elegant and user-friendly designs for users who are not very tech-savvy
- Create assets for Products (Mobile, Web app, Platform)
- Bring fresh and new ideas to the product.
Fractal is fundamentally changing small businesses banking. We’re reinventing SME financial services one API at a time.
As a fintech pioneer, we’re here to make a positive impact on the world with technology, and strengthen the backbone of the economy by increasing liquidity in the SME financing market.
Our passionate and friendly team aims to empower financial innovators to better serve their small businesses through our suite of APIs.
- A strong design book showing how you conceptualised, designed and delivered groundbreaking UI, UX, Interaction and visual design
- Strong visual design skills: Latest trends, colour and typography
- Interaction design, UI design and usability
- Ability to solve design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision
- Ability to position and control UI elements, along with an understanding of how to construct designs flexible enough to display across multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms and devices
- Able to elicit constructive feedback and capable of interpreting that feedback into design solutions
- Collaborate with and working with product management and development
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Able to integrate UX/UI into Agile development practices
- Familiar with Lean principles
- 5+ years mobile and web UI/UX design experience
- Must be creative, self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication: Ability to explain why a design works or why it doesn’t
- Able to work full-time and onsite in Fractal’s London offices
The tools that you will use
- Zeplin (or similar)
- Prototyping tools: Invision, Marvel, Flinto or similar
- 25 days / year holiday
- Employee share options
- Usual working hours (9.00 - 18.00)
- Core working hours are (11:00 - 15:00)
- Board game evenings
About the Fractal team
- Ethnicities: 16
- Meditation minutes: 5,235
- Languages spoken: 15
- Unique cocktails made: 104
- Kilometres cycled: 109,554
- Unique rubik cube puzzles solved: 10
- Breakfasts together: 38
- Parents in the team: 5
- Board games played: 10