Machine Learning Java Engineer
As a "full-stack developer of data science" you will engineer the models that the Data Scientists invent turning their "happy path" into reliable, economic, scalable production systems that surface actionable insights, forecasts and engaging conversations to the users. You will possess software engineering, machine learning and DevOps skills that will be crucial to the development of the new generation of AI and data driven products.
You will join our London office and work in a highly dynamic group, reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
Who you will need to interact with on a day-to-day basis
- Chief Technology Officer
- Chief Product Officer
- Head of Platform
- Product Manager
- Head of Data Science
- Technology Team
- QA Team
- Assert that all production tasks are working properly in terms of actual execution and scheduling
- Push machine learning libraries to their limits, often adding new functionalities
- Ensure that data science code is maintainable, scalable and debuggable
- Automate and abstract away different repeatable routines that are present in most machine learning tasks
- Bring the best software development practices to the data science team and help them speed up their work
- Work on operational architecture with devops team
- Select ML technologies for production performance
Fractal is fundamentally changing small businesses banking. We’re reinventing SME financial services one API at a time.
As a fintech pioneer, we’re here to make a positive impact on the world with technology, and strengthen the backbone of the economy by increasing liquidity in the SME financing market.
Our passionate and friendly team aims to empower financial innovators to better serve their small businesses through our suite of APIs.
- Machine Learning
- Agile / SCRUM
Experience with some of the following is useful, but not essential.
- Neural Networks, NLP / NLG
- Gradle, IntelliJ
- AWS Sagemaker, ECS, Fargate
- 25 days / year holiday
- Employee share options
- Usual working hours (9.00 - 18.00)
- Core working hours are (11:00 - 15:00)
- Board game evenings
- We believe in a good work-life balance so that "Family comes first".
- You will be working in a cross-functional team in a trusting and safe environment of Low Pressure / High Performance where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
About the Fractal team
- Ethnicities: 16
- Meditation minutes: 5,235
- Languages spoken: 15
- Unique cocktails made: 104
- Kilometres cycled: 109,554
- Unique rubik cube puzzles solved: 10
- Breakfasts together: 38
- Parents in the team: 5
- Board games played: 10