Senior API Developer
Fractal Labs is recommended by Deloitte to their major banking and finance customers because we are already delivering data intelligence to banks in the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and Holland as we go global. We are looking for senior API developers to grow an aspirational, skilled and high-performing team building new products for our award-winning market leading platform. You will be responsible for mentoring and coaching junior developers, leading by example by developing well tested production quality code.
We are a dynamic and forward-thinking fintech start up, rightly proud of its strong engineering team and our technical background. Today we are building API connections to all retail banks, normalising and enriching the data, and providing forecasts, insights and timely alerts through a best of breed API. We aim to be the best of the best.
Why wouldn't you want to join in the biggest technology revolution in finance? You would get to define and build APIs, SDKs and other tools that everyone else would look upon with envy and fight to get mentioned on their CV. If any of this motivates you then look no further, come join us in a team of talented engineers to build connectivity to banks.
Our state of the art systems include highly efficient and large scale platforms built on Java and Apache Cassandra, running on Docker containers and deployed in AWS ECS Fargate clusters.
Fractal is revolutionising small businesses banking. We’re reinventing SME financial services one API at a time. As a fintech pioneer, we’re here to make a positive impact on the world with technology, and strengthen the backbone of the economy by increasing liquidity in the SME financing market. Our passionate and friendly team aims to empower financial innovators to better serve their small businesses through our suite of APIs.
- AWS API Gateway
- Strong Java
- JUnit and Mockito
- Integrating with OAuth APIs
- Developing RESTful APIs
- SCRUM / Agile Development Processes
- Microservice development
Experience with some of the following is useful, but not essential
- Technical leadership
- Clean Code
- Serverless programming (serverless-stack.com)
- NOSQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB)
- AWS (Lambda, Cognito)
- Spring especially Spring Boot
- Open Banking / PSD2 APIs
- Integrations with APIs such as Xero, Salesforce, PayPal, Amazon, DueDil, Validis
- GitLab CI/CD
At Fractal, we celebrate diversity. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
For further information on our commitment to diversity, please check out our blog at askfractal.com
- 25 days / year annual leave
- Employee share options
- Usual working hours (9.00 - 18.00)
- Core working hours (11:00 - 15:00)
- Board game evenings
- We believe in a good work-life balance so that "Family comes first".
- You will be working in a cross-functional team in a trusting and safe environment of Low Pressure / High Performance where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
About the Fractal team
- Ethnicities: 16
- Meditation minutes: 5,235
- Languages spoken: 15
- Unique cocktails made: 104
- Kilometres cycled: 109,554
- Unique rubik cube puzzles solved: 10
- Breakfasts together: 38
- Parents in the team: 5
- Board games played: 10