Fractal Labs takes great pride in its technology and is building world-class enterprise solutions. You will be working in a cross-functional scrum team with Scrum Master, Product Owner, UX Designers, Data Scientists, Front-end Developers, QA and DevOps engineers in a trusting and safe environment of Low Pressure / High Performance where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
Our Backend Engineers work very closely with the DevOps team and are encouraged to learn about AWS architecture, to fire up instances and configure services in the development environment.
- Experience with Java 8 or later
- Agile / SCRUM
Experience with some of the following is useful, but not essential.
- RESTful APIs (integrating with and developing our own)
- Middleware, especially Apache Thrift
- NOSQL databases especially Apache Cassandra
- Relational databases especially MySQL
- AWS Architecture and DevOps
- 25 days / year holiday
- Employee share options
- Usual working hours (9.00 - 18.00)
- Core working hours are (11:00 - 15:00)
- Board game evenings
- We believe in a good work-life balance so that "Family comes first".