Machine Learning Scientist
We are looking to hire a Machine Learning Scientist for our AI department.
We combine cutting-edge machine learning technologies, such as neural networks, with advanced financial analysis, to proactively engage small-to-medium-sized enterprise (SME) clients, and allow their financial services providers to match the best products to their client’s particular needs.
As the first AI-driven automated financial chatbot for SMEs, in a world where Alexa and Siri have become the norm, Fractal has received attention for its advanced, automated, financial chatbot for banks and their SME clients.
This fascinating role will give the right candidate room to grow and contribute to the team immediately as they apply state-of-the-art machine learning to natural language problems.
You will join our London office and work in a highly dynamic, industrial research-focused group, reporting directly to the Head of Data Science.
Who you will need to interact with on a day-to-day basis
- Head of Data Science
- Chief Product Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Stay on par with the latest research literature in the field.
- Develop the company’s main NLP offering, a dialogue system.
- Implement and train state-of-the-art DL architectures and deliver performance improvements.
Fractal is fundamentally changing small businesses banking. We’re reinventing SME financial services one API at a time.
As a fintech pioneer, we’re here to make a positive impact on the world with technology, and strengthen the backbone of the economy by increasing liquidity in the SME financing market.
Our passionate and friendly team aims to empower financial innovators to better serve their small businesses through our suite of APIs.
- A master’s degree in Machine Learning or Computational Statistics, or in a quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Computer Science) and relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Python 3 and scientific/ML libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, NLTK, Scikit-Learn.
- Knowledge of deep learning fundamentals applied to a relevant domain (computer vision, speech recognition, deep reinforcement learning, etc).
- A passion for approaching complex problems with the goal of designing and delivering novel practical solutions.
Experience with some of the following is useful, but not essential.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline and track record of scientific publications is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in the development and deployment of ML systems in a commercial or research environment.
- Familiarity with natural language processing and representation learning (e.g. named-entity recognition, dialogue systems, generative modeling, etc).
- Experience in collaborative software development and version-control-systems (GIT).
- Java knowledge is a significant plus.
- 25 days / year holiday.
- Employee share options.
- Usual working hours (9.00 - 18.00).
- Core working hours are (11:00 - 15:00).
- Board game evenings.
- You will be working in a cross-functional team in a trusting and safe environment of Low Pressure / High Performance where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
About the Fractal team
- Ethnicities: 16
- Meditation minutes: 5,235
- Languages spoken: 15
- Unique cocktails made: 104
- Kilometres cycled: 109,554
- Unique rubik cube puzzles solved: 10
- Breakfasts together: 38
- Parents in the team: 5
- Board games played: 10