Machine Learning Scientist
Fractal combines cutting-edge machine learning technologies, such as neural networks, with advanced financial analysis, to proactively engage SME clients and allow their financial services providers to match the best products to their client’s particular needs.
As the first AI-driven automated financial chatbot for SMEs, in a world where Alexa and Siri have become the norm, Fractal has received attention for its advanced, automated, financial chatbot for banks and their SME clients.
Fractal is a FCA-regulated, fintech startup looking to hire a Machine Learning Scientist for its AI department.
This fascinating role will give the right candidate room to grow and contribute to the team immediately as they apply state-of-the-art machine learning to natural language problems. You will join our London office and work in a highly dynamic, industrial research-focused group, reporting directly to the Head of Data Science.
- Stay on par with the latest research literature in the field.
- Develop the company’s main NLP offering, a dialogue system.
- Implement and train state-of-the-art DL architectures and deliver performance improvements.
- A master’s degree in Machine Learning or Computational Statistics, or in a quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Computer Science) and relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Python 3 and scientific/ML libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, NLTK, Scikit-Learn.
- Knowledge of deep learning fundamentals applied to a relevant domain (computer vision, speech recognition, deep reinforcement learning, etc).
- A passion for approaching complex problems with the goal of designing and delivering novel practical solutions.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline and track record of scientific publications is an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in the development and deployment of ML systems in a commercial or research environment.
- Familiarity with natural language processing and representation learning (e.g. named-entity recognition, dialogue systems, generative modeling, etc).
- Experience in collaborative software development and version-control-systems (GIT).
- Java knowledge is a significant plus.
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- 25 days / year holiday.
- Employee share options.
- Usual working hours (9.00 - 18.00).
- Core working hours are (11:00 - 15:00).
- Board game evenings.